With over 75 years of service to local families and three generations of funeral directors, Barnhart Funeral Home has been locally owned and operated by native Greensburgers.
In 1931, Mr. Alex D. Buckley purchased the former Maxwell Funeral Home. Two years later, Mr. Buckley partnered with Maurice C. Barnhart and established the Buckley-Barnhart Funeral Home, on Arch Avenue in Greensburg.
In order to be of service to a growing number of families, the Buckley-Barnhart Funeral Home relocated to 505 E. Pittsburgh Street, in 1947. In 1957, Mr. Buckley sold his interest in the business to his partner, Maurice C. Barnhart. Mr. Barnhart continued to operate the funeral home until 1972, when he formed a partnership with his son, Mark E. Barnhart. Upon the death of Maurice C. Barnhart, in 1978, the funeral home continued to operate under the direction of Mark E. Barnhart.
In 1996, a third generation joined the family business, when Mark’s son, Jeffrey M. Barnhart, became a licensed funeral director. The funeral home is presently operated by Mark and Jeff. They are pleased to offer personal service by helping families they serve through a most difficult time, before, during, and after the loss of a loved one.